September 13, 2021
Police are investigating the theft of power tools in the Murgon area.
Between 4:00pm on August 26 and 8:00am on September 2, thieves targeted a property on Borcherts Hill Road.
They broke into a shipping container and stole five chainsaws.
About 11:00pm on September 3, power tools were stolen from an unsecured laundry at the rear of a house in Webster Street.
* * *
A 37-year-old Roma man will face multiple charges after police pulled him over for a roadside breath test in Lamb Street, Murgon, on September 4.
At 12:16am, police stopped the man for the first time where he allegedly blew 0.133 BAC. He was issued with a suspension notice prohibiting him from driving.
At 1:30am, police allegedly stopped the same man in Lamb Street. This time he allegedly blew 0.114 BAC.
He will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on September 28 charged with drink-driving offences and driving while disqualified.
* * *
A 31-year-old Proston man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on October 12 charged with drink driving after police breath-tested him on Wondai-Proston Road at Hivesville about 6:30pm on September 4. He allegedly recorded 0.072 BAC.
* * *
A 30-year-old Murgon man has been charged with wilful damage after he allegedly punched a poker machine in Murgon on September 5. He will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on September 14.
* * *
Police are investigating two wilful damage incidents in Cherbourg:
- Between 7:30pm and 8:00pm on September 4, a garage roller door was damaged at an address in Bulgi Street.
- Between 9:00pm and 10:00pm on September 8, a number of rocks were thrown on to the roof of a building in Bulgi Street. One of rocks struck a vehicle parked in the backyard, causing damage.
* * *
Four people have been charged with drug offences are recent police searches:
- A 28-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on September 28 charged with possessing drugs, drug utensils and ammunition after police searched a house in Stephens Street, Murgon, at 10:55am on September 1.
- A 47-year-old Cloyna man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on October 12 charged with drug possession and failing to properly dispose of a needle and syringe after police searched a property in Mitchells Road, Cloyna at 7:45am on September 10.
- A 24-year-old Cherbourg woman and a 17-year-old boy have been charged with drug possession after police searched a residence in Broadway Street, Cherbourg, at 11:10am on September 10. The woman is due to appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on September 29.