September 2, 2021
Tuesday’s combined agents sale in Murgon saw 700 head yarded, with the market fully firm on the previous sale.
Both processing cattle and store types sold to very strong rates.
Cattle were drawn from Eidsvold, Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Biggenden, Boondooma, Nanango, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Heavy Bulls sold to $3.76/kg and $3480
- Bullocks topped at $3.73/kg for $2280
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.49/kg and $1970
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $3.42/kg (averaging $3.04/kg)
- Cows under 400kg topped at $2.70
- Export heifers topped at $3.84/kg and $1880
- 430kg Angus cross steers sold to $4.98c/kg for $2140
- Charbray steers from Crownthorpe sold for $1850 at $4.50/kg
- Droughtmaster steers from Goomeri sold for $4.47/kg to return $1880
- Local 440kg Gelbvieh steers sold for $4.44/kg and $1950
- 444kg Angus steers sold to $4.44/kg to return $1970
- Charbray steers from Tansey sold for $1807 at $5.20/kg
- Santa steers from Gayndah sold for $5.68/kg and $1705
- Local 325kg Santa steers sold for $5.15/kg and $1670
- Two pens of Santa weaner steers from Gayndah sold for $6.28/kg and $6.36/kg, returning $1496 and $1200 respectively
- Angus weaner steers from Proston sold for $1443 at $6.30/kg
- Charolais weaner steers sold for $6.00/kg and $1525
- Light Brangus weaner steers from Gayndah sold for $5.96/kg and $1312
- Charbray heifers from Windera sold for $4.06/kg and $1680
- Local Angus heifers sold for $4.36/kg, returning $1590
- Limousin cross heifers from Hivesville sold for $1580 at $4.62/kg
- Angus weaner heifers from Proston sold for $1260 at $5.66/kg
- Local Gelbvieh weaner heifers sold for $5.36/kg to return $1260
- Charbray weaner heifers from Hivesville sold for $1120 at $5.27/kg
- PTIC Belmont red heifers sold for $2050
- Brangus Cows and Calves sold to $2200
The next fortnightly sale will be held at Murgon Saleyards on Tuesday, September 14 at 8:00am.