August 19, 2021
Agents yarded 750 in Murgon at Tuesday’s fortnightly sale, with all descriptions of cattle selling to very strong rates.
There was very high demand for weaner types, and export cattle remained fully firm on the previous sale.
Cattle were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Biggenden, Durong, Nanango, Jimna, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Heavy Bulls sold to $3.44/kg and $2550
- Heavy steers topped at $3.78/kg for $2440
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.39/kg and $2370
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $3.17/kg, averaging $3/kg
- Cows under 400kg topped at $3.14/kg
- Export heifers topped at $3.79/kg and $2150
- 463kg Charolais steers from Nanango sold for $2132 at $4.60/kg
- Local 450kg Droughtmaster steers sold for $1950 at $4.34/kg
- Charbray steers from Crownthorpe weighing 325kg sold for $5.37/kg, returning $1750
- 347kg Simmental steers from Wondai sold for $5.28/kg and $1837
- 323kg Angus cross steers from Goomeri sold for $1697 and $5.24/kg
- Murray Grey cross steers from Durong sold for $5.14/kg and $1748
- Santa weaner steers from Gayndah sold for $5.96/kg at $1510 and $1350
- Angus cross weaner steers from Binjour also sold for $5.96/kg and $1200
- Braford weaner steers from Mt Perry sold for $6.00/kg, returning $1600 and $1480
- Local Brangus weaner steers sold to $6.06/kg for $1410
- Angus cross weaner steers from Gayndah sold for $1460 at $6.16/kg
- Charolais cross steers from Jimna sold to $6.38/kg for $1160
- 300kg Santa heifers from Gayndah sold for $1540 at $5.12/kg
- 327kg Murray Grey cross heifers from Durong also sold for $5.12/kg, returning $1680
- 347kg Angus heifers sold at $5.04/kg for $1750
- 313kg Limousin heifers sold for $1570 at $5.02/kg
- Angus weaner heifers from Mt Perry sold for $6.16/kg to return $1490 and $1390
- Simmental cross weaner heifers sold at $5.70/kg for $1220
- Santa weaner heifers sold for $1430 at $5.30/kg
- Speckle Park weaner heifers from Wondai sold for $1105 at $5.20/kg
The next fortnightly sale will be held at Murgon Saleyards on Tuesday, August 31 at 8:00am.