June 24, 2021
The Darling Downs Health mobile women’s health nurses have six clinics planned across the South Burnett next month.
They will be at:
- July 16 – Taabinga Family Practice in Kingaroy – (07) 4169-2600
- July 19 – Proston Community Health – (07) 4168-9288
- July 20 – Nanango Hospital – (07) 4171-6700
- July 21 – Kingaroy Medical Centre – (07) 4564-7101
- July 23 – Kingaroy Medical Centre – (07) 4564-7101
- July 26 – Wondai Hospital – (07) 4169-2600
The clinics are free and confidential and offer a range of services, including cervical screening tests, breast awareness, sexual health testing and advice for issues such as continence, menopause, family planning, contraception and general wellbeing.
Ms Marcia Hunt, who covers the South Burnett area, said it was important to get cervical screening tests when they are due as they are the best protection against cervical cancer.
In 2017, changes were made to the cervical screening program, with women now needing a cervical screening test every five years instead of a pap test every two years.
“While the test is every five years, we really encourage women to book into out clinics if they have any concerns, or if something doesn’t feel right,” Ms Hunt said.