June 18, 2021
Planning to go the Ekka this year? Be aware … tickets must be booked online first!
Passes are now on pre-sale for the show, which will run in a new nine-day format from Saturday, August 7, to Sunday, August 15.
RNA Chief Executive Brendan Christou said to ensure a COVID Safe event, a series of measures have been introduced to comply with Queensland Health regulations and requirements.
- Capped daily numbers – 45,000 tickets available for sale each day. This is to ensure indoor restrictions of one person to every two square metres are met.
- Online tickets only – For contact tracing purposes, patrons must nominate the day they wish to come to the show, buy tickets online and disclose full contact details.
- Real-time crowd monitoring – A camera-based counting system will be in place in major indoor pavilions to ensure the one person to every two square metres indoor requirements are met.
- Roving COVID Safe marshals – Marshals will be roving throughout indoor pavilions to assist with capacity numbers and help the public with physical distancing measures.
- Increased hygiene and cleaning measures – Increased around-the-clock cleaning together and more than 300 hand sanitisation stations and hand-washing facilities.
Mr Christou said more than 70 per cent of the Ekka was outdoors, including the baby animal nursery, sideshow alley, carnival areas and many competition venues and will not be subject to restricted numbers.
* * *
2021 Ekka ticket prices:
- Adults – $35
- Children (5-14 ages) – $20
- Little Ekka pass (4 years and under) – Free
- Concession – $25
- Adult & Child – $45
- Family (2 adults and two children) – $80
- Twilight (entry after 4:00pm) – $20
There is 10 per cent discount on Tuesday, August 10; Thursday, August 12;and the last Sunday of the show, August 15.
- Pre-sale tickets are available from the Ekka website (join the mailing list)