April 14, 2021
Agents yarded 500 head at Murgon’s fortnightly combined agents sale on Tuesday, slightly down on the 650 yarded at the last sale two weeks ago.
However values remained very strong throughout.
Cattle were drawn from Gayndah, Mt Perry, Booubyjan, Nanango, Durong, Proston, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Bulls topped at $2.93/kg and $2280
- Bullocks sold to $3.81/kg and $2043
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.04/kg and $2080, averaging $2.93
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.91/kg for an average of $2.83
- Lighter Cows under 400kg sold to $2.70/kg
- Export heifers topped at $3.80/kg $1890
- 408kg Santa steers from Crownthorpe sold for $4.68/kg and $1911
- 400kg Charbray steers from Goomeri sold to $1796 at $4.49/kg
- 440kg Santa cross steers from Cloyna sold for $4.80/kg, returning $1886
- Santa cross steers from Wondai sold to $1656 at $5.30/kg and 312kg
- 330kg local Angus cross steers sold for $5.30/kg, returning $1750
- 360kg Brangus steers sold for $1715 and $4.74/kg
- Charbray steers from Manumbar sold for $1820 and $4.60/kg
- Light Droughtmaster weaner steers sold to $5.68/kg and $1230
- Charbray weaner steers from Mt Perry sold for $1325 and $5.58/kg
- Local Charbray weaner steers sold for $5.80/kg, returning $1570
- 305kg Droughtmaster heifers sold for $1410 at $4.62/kg
- Brahman heifers weighing 300kg sold for $1350 and $4.50/kg
- Euro cross heifers weighing 325kg sold for $4.18/kg and $1360
- 264kg Santa heifers sold for $4.90/kg and $1295.00
- Droughtmaster weaner heifers from Goomeri sold to $4.86/kg and $1170
- Limousin cross weaner heifers sold for $1140 at $4.78/kg
- British cross cows and calves sold for $2260
The next fortnightly sale will be held at the Murgon saleyards on Tuesday, April 27 at 8:00am.