March 31, 2021
Tuesday’s fortnightly combined agents sale in Murgon saw a yarding of 650 head, largely due to good rainfall in many local areas recently.
The market remained very strong throughout.
Cattle for the sale were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Yarraman, Nanango, Durong, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Bulls topped at $3.07/kg and $2900
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $2.91/kg and $1860, averaging $2.79
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.87/kg for an average of $2.74
- Lighter Cows under 400kg sold to $2.97
- Export heifers topped at $3.51/kg and $1770
- 2 tooth Gelbvieh steers from Johnstown sold for $4.34/kg, returning $2000
- 472kg Charolais cross steers from Wooroonden sold to $2050 at $4.34/kg
- 450kg Belmont Red steers from Murgon sold for $1950 at $4.33/kg
- 422kg Limousin cross steers from Johnstown sold to $1745 at $4.13/kg
- 367kg Simmental cross steers from Cloyna sold for $1705 at $4.64/kg
- Droughtmaster steers from Manyung sold for $1600 and $4.53/kg
- Local Charbray weaner steers sold to $5.60/kg, returning $1280
- 3 pens of Santa steers from Gayndah sold for $5.20/kg to average $1444, topping at $1667
- 200kg Speckled Park weaner steers sold to $5.50/kg and $1100
- Droughtmaster weaner steers from Windera sold for $5.50/kg to return $1250
- Light Droughtmaster steers from Manumbar sold for $992 at $5.44/kg
- 320kg Angus heifers sold to $4.40/kg and $1400
- Speckled Park heifers weighing 316kg also sold to $4.40/kg and $1390
- 300kg Limousin cross heifers from Nanango sold for $1318 at $4.38/kg
- Charbray weaner heifers from Windera sold to $5.08/kg to return $1240
- Charolais cross heifers from Cinnabar sold for $4.68/kg and $1048
- 2 pens of Santa weaner heifers from Gayndah sold for $4.61/kg to return $1373 and $1237
- Charolais cross Cows & Calves sold to $2280
The next Murgon sale will be on Tuesday, April 13 at 8:00am.