March 27, 2021
Queensland Health has released a list of venues attended by the second Brisbane man to have tested positive to COVID-19 in the latest cluster.
The Strathpine man, aged in his 20s, was a close contact of the 26-year-old Stafford man who tested positive late Thursday night.
A Public Health Alert has been issued for parts of Brisbane and Moreton Bay regions in relation to these cases.
A Queensland Health spokesperson said more locations might be added after it was revealed the Strathpine man hosted a gathering of around 25 people at his home between being instructed to isolate and getting his positive test results.
The attendees at the party have been placed in quarantine while the risk is assessed.
* * *
UPDATE: Queensland Health admitted on Sunday that the information they supplied about a party was incorrect.
Police investigators have not found any evidence to warrant action being taken against the man.
Police conducted inquiries into the allegations but are satisfied the occupants of the house did not breach the health directions, and people from outside the residence were not involved.
Inquiries into this matter are now finalised.
* * *
Updated Venues List
A Queensland Health spokesperson said anyone who has been to any of the venues below must immediately isolate and get tested on Sunday:
- March 20 – Black Hops Brewery, East Brisbane – 12:22pm to 1:51pm
- March 20 – Green Beacon Brewing Co, Teneriffe – 2:00pm to 3:12pm
- March 20 – Eatons Hill Hotel, Eatons Hill – 3:44pm to 5:30pm
- March 22 – PCYC Lawnton – 7:16am to 8:10am
- March 22 – Bunnings Lawnton – 3:15pm to 3:30pm
- March 22 – Strathpine Plaza Shopping Centre – 3:43pm to 3:49pm
- March 23 – Zambrero, Lawnton – 12:51pm to 12:55pm
- March 23 – Lawnton Fruit Market, Lawnton – 1:57pm to 2:05pm
- March 23 – Nellas Gourmet Tucker, Lawnton – 3:37pm to 3:47pm
- March 23 – Poolwerx, Strathpine – 3:15pm to 3:57pm
- March 23 – Dan Murphy’s, Strathpine – 7:26pm to 7:36pm
- March 24 – Hungry Jacks, Strathpine (drive thru) – 7:47pm
- March 24 – Lawnton Country Markets, Lawnton – 2:36pm to 2:43pm
- March 25 – BWS, Strathpine – 6:15pm to about 6:30pm
- March 25 – Ceres Pizza Café, Strathpine – 7:00pm to 7:58pm
* * *
Earlier Venues List
Anyone who has been in the below locations during the relevant times should immediately get tested:
- March 20 – Westfield Carindale Shopping Centre – noon to 2:16pm (see extra note, below)
- March 20 – Market Organics, 190 Enoggera Road (store only), Newmarket – 2:45pm to 3:00pm
- March 20 – Baskins Robbins, 2/489 South Pine Road, Everton Park – 9:20pm to 9:25pm
- March 21 – Genki Mart, 3/24 South Pine Road, Alderley – 10:30am to 10:46am
- March 21 – Mamma’s Italian Restaurant, 69 Redcliffe Parade, Redcliffe – 12:40pm to 3:10pm (see extra note, below)
- March 22 – Guzman y Gomez (drive-thru), 400 Stafford Road, Stafford – 12.20pm to 12:25pm
- March 22 – Bunnings, 450 Stafford Road, Stafford – 12:40pm to 12.50pm
- March 25 – Aldi, Stafford City Shopping Centre, 400 Stafford Street – 8:30am to 8:45am
- March 25 – Nundah Respiratory Clinic, 1270 Sandgate Road, Nundah – 11:15am to 11:40am
Qld Health said anyone who was in any part of Westfield Carindale Shopping Centre between noon and 2:16pm on Saturday, March 20, should immediately get tested and isolate until they receive their result.
People who were at Mamma’s Italian Restaurant on Sunday, March 21, between 12:30pm and 3:10pm must quarantine at home immediately for 14 days and call 13HEALTH (13-43-25-84). They must stay quarantined even if they get a negative test until 14 days have passed since March 21.
The below low-risk venues are where it has been assessed there is a low risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who attended these venues at the relevant time have been asked to monitor their health and immediately get tested if they develop any COVID-19 symptoms.
- March 20 – Other parts of Westfield Carindale – noon to 2:16pm
- March 21 – Gasworks Plaza, 76 Skyring Terrace, Newstead – 9:50am to 10:20am
- March 22 – KFC (drive-thru), 6 Griffith Street, Everton Park – 7:55pm to 8:00pm
* * *