March 18, 2021
Murgon’s fortnightly combined agents sale drew a yarding of 750 cattle on Tuesday.
Good rain on Monday afternoon resulted in some last minute cancellations, but those who attended found the market fully firm throughout.
Some breeds attracted prices as high as $5.49/kg, with many others selling in the $4.00-$5.00/kg range.
Cattle were drawn from Eidsvold, Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Biggenden, Yarraman, Nanango, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Bulls topped at $3.00/kg per kilogram and $2500
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.00/kg and $1855, averaging $2.85/kg
- Cows 400-500kg also sold to $3.00/kg for an average of $2.68
- Lighter Cows under 400kg sold to $2.60/kg
- Export heifers topped at $3.50/kg and $1820
- 2 and 4 tooth Droughtmaster steers from Gayndah sold to $4.18/kg and $2020
- Angus cross steers from Murgon sold to $1995 at $4.10/kg
- 440kg Charolais cross steers sold to $4.31/kg and $1890
- Charolais steers from Moffatdale weighing 437kg sold for $1870 at $4.28/kg
- 400kg Simmental cross steers from Hivesville sold to $4.10/kg to return $1645
- Braford steers from Yarraman weighing 330kg sold for $1510 and $4.57/kg
- 300kg Senepol steers sold for $1375 at $4.58/kg
- 360kg Droughtmaster steers from Gayndah sold for $4.42/kg, returning $1620
- Brahman cross weaner steers from Gayndah sold to $5.49/kg and $1350
- Brahman cross weaner steers from Brooklands sold for $1180 at $5.22/kg
- Brahman weaner steers from Gayndah sold for $1230 at $4.60/kg
- Light Droughtmaster weaner steers from Kilkivan sold to $5.62/kg to return $940
- 420kg Droughtmaster heifers from Booubyjan sold for $1640 at $3.90/kg
- Angus cross heifers from Manyung sold for $4.41/kg and $4.33/kg to return $1500 and $1325, respectively
- Droughtmaster weaner heifers from Cloyna sold to $4.56/kg and $955
- Hereford cross weaner heifers from Yarraman sold for $4.50/kg, returning $1045
- Light Brahman weaner heifers from Binjour sold to $4.60/kg and $828
- Euro cross Cows & Calves sold to $2100
The next Murgon sale will be on Tuesday, March 30 at 8:00am.