March 17, 2021
Phase 1b of Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout will start on Monday (March 22).
Vaccinations for eligible recipients will be able to be booked initially at just over 1000 GP clinics across Australia, which will be expanded to more than 4000 over the next four weeks.
The number of vaccinations available at this early stage of the rollout is limited and demand is expected to be high so clinics will be booked out quickly.
GPs are appealing to people to be patient.
In Phase 1b, eligible recipients are:
- Elderly adults aged 80 years and over
- Elderly adults aged 70-79 years
- Other health care workers (not in Phase 1a)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults over 55
- Adults with a specified medical condition
- Adults with a disability who have a specified underlying medical condition
- Critical and high-risk workers including defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing
In the South Burnett, two clinics have been listed on the Federal Government’s Phase 1b rollout fact sheet (2.24MB PDF): the Bunya Pines Family Practice in Kingaroy and the Nanango Medical Centre.
- Download more information about Phase 1b eligibility (671kb PDF)
- External link: Vaccine Eligibility Checker