March 5, 2021
Combined agents yarded 1250 head in Murgon for the liveweight sale on March 2, where the market was easier throughout.
A big percentage of the cattle yarded were in very good order.
Cattle were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Biggenden, Yarraman, Nanango, Boondooma, Kingaroy and the Murgon district.
- Bulls topped at $3.01/kg and $2960
- Bullocks topped at $3.56/kg for $2370
- Heavy Cows over 500 kilograms sold to $2.87/kg and $2120, averaging $2.72
- Cows 400-500kg also sold to $2.87 per kilogram for an average of $2.70
- Lighter Cows under 400kg sold to $2.50
- Export heifers topped at $3.51/kg and $2120
- 500kg Brahman steers from Mondure sold for $3.75/kg and $1900
- Angus cross steers from Goomeri sold to $4.30/kg, returning $1760
- Droughtmaster cross steers from Wondai sold to $1777 at $4.17/kg
- 467kg Charbray steers sold to $1913.00 at $4.09/kg
- 2 and 4 tooth Gelbvieh steers from Johnstown sold for $3.95/kg, returning $1880
- Local 440kg Belmont Red cross steers sold for $1668 at $3.80/kg
- 340kg Droughtmaster steers topped at $4.55/kg and $1550
- Santa steers from Gayndah weighing 338kg sold for $4.49/kg and $1518
- Murray Grey cross steers from During sold to $1370 at $4.46/kg
- 330kg Brangus steers from Gayndah sold to $1450 at $4.40/kg
- Angus weaner steers from Proston sold for $5.30/kg, returning $1226
- A line of Charbray weaner steers from Mt Perry sold to $5.00/kg for an average of $1150.00
- Santa weaner steers from Tansey sold for $4.78/kg and $1280
- Light Brahman steers from Binjour sold to $5.28/kg and $840
- Local 440kg Charbray heifers sold to $3.69/kg and $1620
- Braford heifers weighing 423kg sold to $3.65/kg and $1540
- A line of 293kg Santa heifers sold to $4.25/kg to return $1250
- Angus weaner heifers sold to $4.98/kg and $1010
- Two pens of Charbray weaner heifers sold to $4.84/kg to return $1300 and $1060, respectively
The next Murgon sale will be held at the Murgon Saleyards on Tuesday, March 16 at 8:00am.