March 3, 2021
Northern Stars proved too good for the Southern Bulls in the decider of the three-game Under 17s Carl Rackemann T20 Challenge played under lights at Lyle Vidler Oval in Kingaroy on Friday night.
The Northern and Southern teams went into the match with one win apiece, creating a great atmosphere for the third game.
A good crowd turned out to watch the young cricketers in action and enjoy a barbecue hosted by Wooroolin Warriors.
Northern Stars batted first, and finished all out for 110.
The partnership between Harry Sippel (43) and Riley Sippel (40) kept the scoreboard ticking over.
Joe Steinhardt (3/16) and Fletcher Brown (2/8) were the best of the Southern bowlers.
In reply, Southern Bulls were all out for 80.
Lochlan Burrows (12) and Joe Steinhardt (10) were the top scorers.
Nathan Roderick (3/5) and Harry Sippel (2/5) did the damage for Northern.
* * *
- Kingaroy def. Nanango at River Road, Kingaroy
- Kingaroy Burnett Water (6/111) def. Kingaroy Northern AgriServices (8/105) by just six runs at Kingaroy State School
- Kingaroy Northern AgriServices (all out 63) def. Murgon (all out 56) by just seven runs at Murgon Sportsground. Bowlers on both teams ended up with some great figures: Josh Fearby 2/5, Will Webber 2/6, Tom Town 3/3 and Aaron Draper 2/5.
* * *
Junior Representative Cricket
South Burnett Under 12s, Under 14s and Under 16s were in action at Bundaberg on Sunday:
- Bundaberg (all out 230) def. South Burnett (all out 72) by 158 runs
- Bundaberg (7/255) def. South Burnett (9/157) by 98 runs
Under 16s – Game 1
- South Burnett (4/112) def. Bundaberg (7/103) by six wickets
Under 16s – Game 2
- South Burnett (all out 121) def. Bundaberg (all out 119) by two runs
* * *
- Cherbourg def. Wondai Wolves at Wondai Sportsground
- Nanango Scorpions (7/178) def. Wooroolin Warriors (all out 174) at Kingaroy State School
- Kumbia Rattlers def. Kingaroy Services at Taabinga State School
* * *
Gympie A Grade
Day 2 of Round 4 of the two-day competition:
- Murgon Crusaders (all out 246 ) def. Western Gympie 51 & 4/112 on 1st innings at Murgon Showgrounds
- Wooroolin Warriors def. Harlequins at Lyle Vidler Oval, Kingaroy
* * *
South Burnett Junior Competition
- Stage 1 – Kingaroy v Nanango at River Road, Kingaroy
- Stage 2 – Kingaroy Northern AgriServices v Nanango at Taabinga State School
- Stage 3 – Nanango v Murgon at Nanango Showgrounds
- Major Semi-Final – Murgon Diggers v Nanango Scorpions at Murgon Sportsground (winner through to the Grand Final)
- Minor Semi-Final – Kumbia Rattlers v Wondai Wolves at Kumbia Sportsground (winner to the Preliminary Final)
- Wooroolin Warriors v Western Gympie at Lyle Vidler Oval. Kingaroy
- Murgon Crusaders v Gympie Valleys at Gympie