February 22, 2021
Toowoomba Regional Council has simplified some of its eligibility criteria for groups to receive Sport and Recreation grants.
The grants are part of Council’s wider community support grants program.
Cr James O’Shea said smaller projects now required smaller contributions and some planning projects were also now eligible for Sport and Recreation grants.
“Eligible groups can now start with a 10 per cent contribution toward their project cost in some instances, instead of the previous minimum of half of the project cost,” he said.
“In addition to this change, schools (primary, secondary and tertiary institutions, well as P&C or P&F associations) can lodge Sport and Recreation grant applications where the proposal can demonstrate how it will deliver broad community benefits.
“Residents can call 13-18-72 to book a consultation with relevant staff to arrange for help with tailoring grant proposals.”
TRC’s Sport and Recreation Grant program provides support to eligible community organisations for projects that aim to achieve one or more of the following priorities:
- Upgrading facilities to meet standards, regulations and changing community needs and expectations,
- Promoting healthy and socially inclusive communities through investing in the development of accessible sport and recreation facilities,
- Increasing opportunities to groups with inequitable access to sport and recreation activities and infrastructure,
- Facilitating well-planned, infrastructure projects that meet community needs developed through collaborative approaches to increasing participation in sport and recreation activities, and
- Encouraging sustainability in the design, development and management of sport and recreation facilities and spaces
Applications close on March 1.