February 22, 2021
A 20-year-old Booie man will face multiple charges after he allegedly spat on police and threatened other people with a shovel last week.
Officer-in-charge of Kingaroy Police, Senior Sergeant Dave Tierney, said police were called to a property on Kingaroy-Barkers Creek Road about 8:00am on Wednesday (February 17).
When they arrived, they found windows at the address had been smashed.
Snr Sgt Tierney said police located the man a short distance away.
“(He) behaved in a aggressive and threatening manner towards police,” Snr Sgt Tierney said.
“When arrested, the man struggled violently with police. A search located a small quantity of cannabis.
“As he was placed in the vehicle, the man spat at police, striking one officer in the face and the other on the arm.”
The man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 8 charged with three serious assaults, threatening violence, wilful damage, possessing a dangerous drug, possessing drug utensils and obstructing police.
The police officers involved in the spitting incident are awaiting the results of disease tests.
* * *
- A 32-year-old Kingaroy man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 8 charged with drug possession after police stopped his pushbike in Haly Street, Kingaroy, about 3:00pm on February 16. Police originally spoke to the man about not wearing a helmet but a subsequent search allegedly located a small amount of cannabis.
- Two people will face drugs charges are police stopped a Hyundai hatchback in William Street, Kingaroy, at 11:00pm on February 20. A 22-year-old Kingaroy man was allegedly found in possession of amphetamine while a 49-year-old Tarong man allegedly had drug utensils. The Kingaroy man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 8 while the Tarong man will appear in Nanango Magistrates Court on March 11.
* * *
- A 62-year-old Memerambi man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 22 charged with drug-driving after police stopped his Ford sedan on the Bunya Highway about noon on February 18.
- A 44-year-old Kingaroy man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 29 charged with drug-driving after police stopped his Nissan coupe on Kent Street, Kingaroy, about 3:00pm on February 18.
- A learner driver and his supervisor will both face drug-driving charges after police pulled over and tested the driver of a Holden sedan at 11:45am on February 19. The vehicle was being driven by a 34-year-old Kingaroy man who only held a learner’s permit. His supervisor, a 31-year-old woman, also was tested and allegedly provided a positive sample to a roadside test. The pair will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 22.
- A 42-year-old Wattle Camp woman will face traffic and drugs charges after police stopped a Mitsubishi van in Haly Street, Kingaroy, about 8:10pm on February 19. The woman allegedly told police she did not have a licence. A search of the vehicle allegedly located a purse containing a small quantity of amphetamine and a used syringe. Another used syringe was allegedly found in the centre console. The woman will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 22 charged with unlicensed driving, failing to dispose of a syringe, possessing drug utensils and possessing a dangerous drug. Her vehicle was also immobilised for 90 days.
- A 21-year-old Murgon woman will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 23 charged with drug-driving, being unaccompanied on a learner’s permit and failing to display “L” plates after police stopped a Holden sedan in Doonkuna Street, Kingaroy, about 2:25pm on February 20.
- A 33-year-old Kingaroy man – pulled over by police for allegedly speeding in Fisher Street, Kingaroy, about 6:25pm on February 20 – will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 29 charged with drink-driving (0.072 BAC) and speeding.
- A 21-year-old Taabinga man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 29 charged with drink-driving (0.086 BAC) and unlicensed driving after police pulled over a Subaru in Haly Street, Kingaroy, about 7:20pm on February 20.
- A 19-year-old Murgon woman will face a charge of unlicensed driving after police stopped her Honda in Youngman Street, Kingaroy, about 3:45pm on February 20. She will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on March 29.