December 18, 2020
Queensland Health has expanded the list of venues linked to visits by a NSW woman confirmed to have COVID-19.
The woman, aged in her 50s, travelled from Sydney to Brisbane on December 16 on Virgin flight VA-925 and then travelled to the Sunshine Coast via hire car.
She later tested positive to COVID-19.
A Queensland Health spokesperson said the list had been expanded following further contact tracing work on Friday.
Close contacts of the woman have been contacted directly.
“While the risk to Queenslanders is considered low, anyone who has been in these venues at these dates and times should monitor their health and if they develop any COVID-19 symptoms, even mild, get tested and isolate until they receive their test results,” the spokesperson said.
* * *
Contact Tracing Alerts
Queensland Health released an updated list on Friday afternoon.
Anyone who has been to any of these locations at these times should monitor their health and, if they develop even the mildest of COVID-19 symptoms, get tested.
- 16 December – Brisbane Domestic Airport – 9:00am-9:54am
- 16 December – Hertz Car Rental, 1980 Sandgate Road, Boondall – 10:00am-10:30am
- 16 December – The Glen Hotel, Eight Mile Plains – 11:00am-2:30pm
- 16 December – Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Birtinya – 5:00pm-8:30pm
- 16 December – Hungry Jacks, Kawana Waters – 8:00pm-10:00pm
- 16 December – Kawana Waters Nightcap Hotel – 9:00pm-7:00am (Dec 17)
- 17 December – Coles Express, Mooloolaba – 7:00am-7:30am
- 17 December – Hertz Car Rental, 1980 Sandgate Road, Boondall – 8:30am-9:00am
- 17 December – The Prince Charles Hospital Fever Clinic, Chermside – 10:19am-10:26am
* * *
The Avalon cluster in NSW has now risen to 28 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Cases have been confirmed in Redfern, Lane Cove, North Sydney, Bondi, Cronulla, Penrith and Riverstone.
Venues in Lane Cove, Turramurra, Woolloomooloo, Bondi Junction and Cronulla – as well as more in the Northern Beaches area – have been added to the list of contact tracing locations. A confirmed case also caught a ferry from Palm Beach to Wagstaffe on the Central Coast.