November 20, 2020
600 head were yarded for Murgon’s fortnightly combined agents sale on Tuesday, November 17.
Export cattle sold to dearer rates in places, as did light weaner steers and heifers.
The rest of the market was fully firm.
Cattle were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Kingaroy, Nanango, Yarraman, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Heavy Bulls topped at $3.55/kg and $1940
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.39/kg and $2480, averaging $3.22/kg
- Cows 400-500kg topped at $3.46/kg
- Lighter Cows under 400kg sold to $2.80/kg
- Export heifers topped at $3.73/kg and $1950
- Limousin heifers from Wondai sold for $4.22/kg, retuning $1414
- Charbray heifers from Nanango sold for $4.08/kg and $1245
- Droughtmaster heifers weighing 367kg sold at $3.93/kg for $1445
- Charolais cross weaner heifers sold at $4.84/kg for $1047
- Angus heifers from Byee sold to $4.68/kg for $1193
- Angus weaner heifers from Yarraman sold for $4.68/kg and $1023
- Two pens of light Santa weaner heifers from Merlwood sold to $5.10/kg, returning an average of $907 for 178kg
- 455kg Charolais cross steers sold to $4.04/kg for $1840
- Charolais cross steers from Hivesville sold at $4.50/kg for $1500
- 303kg Gelbvieh steers from Johnstown sold to $4.28/kg for $1300
- Local Angus steers weighing 316kg sold to $4.27/kg, returning $1350
- Charolais weaner steers from Hivesville sold for $4.73/kg, returning $1026
- Angus weaner steers from Brigooda sold at $4.72/kg for $1122
- Droughtmaster weaner steers also sold to $4.72/kg, returning $1103
- Angus weaner steers from Yarraman sold for $1036 at $4.71/kg
- Light Charolais cross steers sold to $5.28/kg for $660
The next Murgon sale will be held on Tuesday, December 1 at 8:00am, and the last sale for 2020 will be held on Tuesday, December 15.
Coolabunia will be holding a Special Store Sale on Thursday, November 19 at 9:00am.