November 13, 2020
South Burnett Regional Council is again urging community groups and organisations to consider taking over the management of historic Ringsfield House in Nanango.
A spokesperson said Council had been liaising with community groups in Nanango over recent months to consider options for the future of the complex.
This work has resulted in Council calling for tenders from local community groups to come forward and submit formal proposals for the building’s future management.
The spokesperson said Council was keen to work in partnership with the Nanango community to support the ongoing sustainable management of Ringsfield, as is the case with other important historical buildings across the region.
“The continuance of Ringsfield as an important community asset is a priority of the South Burnett Regional Council in preserving it as a place that locals and visitors alike can enjoy while experiencing its beautiful open spaces, gardens and historical features,” Mayor Brett Otto said.
“With local organisations being so passionate and involved with the restoration and previous use of Ringsfield, it makes sense to have these groups involved with the management and operation of this historic property.
“Council is looking for a thoughtful and considered approach to the management and operation of this community asset.”
Tender documents can be downloaded from Council’s website
* * *
Council has commissioned local contractors to begin sanding and polishing the timber floors at Ringsfield.
Funding for this project was received as part of the State Government’s Works 4 Queensland program.
The work is expected to be completed by December 30.
- Tenders Invited For Ringsfield
- Council To Call Ringsfield Tenders
- New Future For Ringsfield?
- Ideas Sought For Ringsfield’s Future
- Grant To Upgrade Ringsfield
- Ringsfield Leased To Private Operator
- Council Calls Tenders For Ringsfield
- Ringsfield Bidders Back Out
- Three In Running For Ringsfield House?
- Ringsfield EOIs Open This Friday
- Ringsfield House Reopening Delayed
- New Operator Sought For Ringsfield
- Public Meeting To Discuss Ringsfield
- What’s The Future For Ringsfield?