September 17, 2020
One new confirmed case of COVID-19 was reported in Queensland on Thursday – a healthcare worker linked to the Ipswich Hospital cluster.
Health Minister Dr Steven Miles said the man, aged in his 60s, was a known contact of a previous confirmed case and had been in quarantine.
He registered positive to the virus on his 10th day in isolation, which meant there was no risk of community transmission from this case.
Dr Miles said there were now 27 active COVID-19 cases in Queensland, and 11,643 tests had been carried out during the past testing period.
Eight people are currently in hospital but none are in intensive care.