September 3, 2020
Applications are now open for the latest round of Coopers Gap Wind Farm community grants.
The Community Fund, operated by AGL, targets a range of community needs including health, social welfare, safety, environment, education and youth, sport, recreation, culture, arts and economic development.
Grants of up to $3000 are available.
All applications are assessed by the Coopers Gap Community Consultative Committee (CCC), a voluntary group set up to assist communications between AGL and the community.
This seventh round of grants will specifically target the communities of Bell, Jandowae and Kumbia.
Applicants located outside these areas can also apply but applications from these three districts will take priority.
The Community Fund aims to:
- Deliver community wide benefits and strengthen AGL’s existing links with the local community
- Support the work of existing and future community organisations
- Encourage community innovation and support for issues of community significance
- Promote awareness and education supporting the benefits of sustainable renewable energy
- Continue to build and maintain strong relationships with the local and wider communities
Questions can be directed to Sue Hogan on 1800-039-600 or by email
Applications will close at 5:00pm on Wednesday, September 30.