July 24, 2020
A free, interactive online seminar has been organised by the State Government to help demystify airfreight exports from Wellcamp Airport.
The Department Of State Development has teamed up with the airport and industry partners including GrowCom, Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers and Toowoomba and Surat Basin Enterprise (TSBE) to present the event between 10:30am-noon on Thursday, July 30.
The session will explain:
- Short-term through to long-term air freight information relevant to the region (tonnages, timing and how to secure)
- How airfreight works out of Wellcamp airport (who to speak to and what information is required)
- Freight forwarders that operate through the airport
- How to access government support to get a business “export ready” and gather international market research.
It will be presented by:
- Department of State Development Executive Regional Director Craig Rutledge who will discuss freight priorities and supports available
- Wellcamp Airport general manager of freight Robert Kasch who will explain the airfreight environment in Australia, Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airline services and the new Regional Trade Distribution Centre
- Trade and Investment Queensland’s Julie Marks who will present information about the international market support that is available to Queensland producers.
The session will also have local officers from Trade and Investment Queensland and the Department of State Development, Tourism and Innovation ready to answer questions.
- Registrations for the free event can be completed online