July 2, 2020
Values remained fully firm for the 1200 head of cattle yarded at Murgon on Tuesday (June 30).
The yarding comprised of 300 export cattle and a limited number of feeders, with the balance being younger weaner-age cattle.
Cattle were drawn from Biloela, Baffle Creek, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Biggenden, Durong, Nanango, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon area.
- Bulls topped at $3.26/kg and $2550
- Heavy Cows over 500kg topped at $3.15/kg and $2450, averaging $2.73/kg
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.83/kg for a $2.52 average
- Lighter Cows under 400kg topped at $2.40
- Export heifers sold to $3.39/kg and $1710
- 402 Brangus steers from Wondai sold for $1562 at $3.88/kg
- Charolais steers weighing 400kg sold for $3.83/kg to return $1539
- Two pens of 4 tooth Gelbvieh steers from Johnstown sold for $3.66/kg at $1821 and $3.67/kg at $1663
- Local Belmont Red steers sold for $1661 at $3.70/kg
- 360kg Santa cross steers from Wooroonden sold for $1386 at $3.85/kg
- Brangus steers from Booubyjan sold for $1264 at $3.85/kg
- Charolais cross weaner steers from Brigooda sold for $4.46/kg, returning $1020 and $799
- Charolais cross weaner steers from Wondai sold for $916 at $4.24/kg
- Droughtmaster weaner steers from Tansey sold for $968 and $3.98/kg
- Braford weaner steers from Booubyjan sold for $3.96/kg, returning $794
- Santa cross weaner steers from Redgate sold for $803 at $4.25/kg
- Braford weaner steers from Wondai sold for 815 at $4.18/kg
- 349kg Santa cross heifers from Hivesville sold for $1284 at $3.67/kg
- Angus heifers from Durong sold for $1224 and $3.59/kg
- Two pens of Santa heifers from Kingaroy sold for $3.58/kg at $1256 and $3.50/kg at $1049
- Droughtmaster cross weaner heifers weighing 209kg sold for $3.94/kg to return $824
- Two pens of Santa heifers from Gayndah sold for $3.69/kg to return $1095 and $850
- Brangus cross weaner heifers from Baffle Creek sold to $3.59/kg, returning $754
- Light Brangus weaner heifers from Gayndah sold for $3.87/kg at $747
The next Murgon sale will be held on Tuesday, July 14 at 8:00am.