June 3, 2020
Values remained very strong for all descriptions at Murgon’s fortnightly cattle sale on Tuesday, June 16.
A total of 850 very mixed feeder and weaner steers were yarded with few better quality lines.
Bulls topped at to $3.18/kg and $2480, but no heavy bullocks were yarded.
Cattle were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Durong, Nanango, Kingaroy, Widgee and the Murgon district.
- Heavy Cows over 500kg topped at $3.01/kg and $2300, averaging $2.82/kg
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.85/kg for a $2.55 average
- Lighter Cows under 400kg topped at $2.29
- Export heifers sold to $3.39/kg and $1800
- 432kg Brangus steers from Crownthorpe sold for $3.94/kg to return $1704
- Brangus steers from Ban Ban Springs weighing 411kg sold for $1480 at $3.60/kg
- Local Brangus steers with a weight of 362kg sold to $1430 and $3.95 c/kg
- 308kg Shorthorn cross steers from Durong sold for $3.89/kg and $1200
- Droughtmaster steers from Tansey sold to $1397 at $3.88/kg
- Santa cross steers from Wheatlands sold for $3.84/kg and $1400
- 297kg Santa steers from Wondai sold for $1129 at $3.80/kg
- Charolais cross weaner steers from Tansey sold to $3.90/kg, returning $803
- Charbray steers from Cloyna also sold to $3.90/kg and $887
- Light Angus steers sold for $806 at $3.97/kg
- Light Droughtmaster cross weaner steers from Cloyna sold for $4.09 for $630
- Droughtmaster cross heifers from Tansey weighing 384kg sold for $3.70/kg and $1422
- Local 360kg Charbray heifers sold for $1320 at $3.67/kg
- 315kg Droughtmaster heifers from Mt McEuen sold for $1134 and $3.60/kg
- 320kg heifers from Boondooma sold for $3.59/kg to return $1150
- 219kg Wagyu weaner heifers from Crownthorpe sold for $3.63/kg and $795
- A line of Santa heifers from Wooroonden sold for an average of $890 at $3.45/kg, topping at $966
- Charbray weaner heifers from Cloyna sold for $739 at $3.72/kg
- Cows and Calves sold to $1600
The next Murgon cattle sale will be held at the Murgon Saleyards on Tuesday, June 30 at 8:00am.