June 12, 2020
South Burnett Regional Council has published an updated list of reopened facilities around the region:
- Murgon Caravan Park is now open.
- The Stuart River Rest area is scheduled to reopen on Wednesday, June 17. The toilet blocks in the 48-hour rest area are currently closed for maintenance.
- The Kingaroy Visitor Information Centre and Heritage Museum will reopen on June 15.
- Council-owned halls will reopen on June 15 with strict COVID-19 rules in place, including a maximum of 20 people. A checklist of requirements will be supplied when signing the hall hirer’s agreement.
- The Maidenwell Library Service at Maidenwell Hall will resume on Wednesday, June 17. All other libraries are open with a maximum of 20 people at any one time.
- South Burnett Aquatic Centre at Nanango will reopen on Tuesday, June 16 – lap pool or hydrotherapy by bookings only. All other pools remain closed during winter.
All other Council-owned Art Galleries, Museums and Visitor Information Centres remain closed until further notice.
Council sportsgrounds and showgrounds all remain closed.
The current Health Direction states a maximum of 20 people can gather publically outdoors, regardless of whether people are members of the same household or not.
- Related article: Council’s Free Camps Open