May 21, 2020
Former Health Minister Mike Horan AM has been reappointed chair of the Darling Downs Hospital and Health Board.
Mr Horan’s reappointment was announced on Wednesday by Deputy Premier and Health Minister Steven Miles.
The number of Board members has also been increased to 10, with Associate Professor Maree Toombs, from the University of Queensland, joining.
Dr Miles said Prof Julie Cotter and Dr Ruth Terwijn had also been reappointed to the Board for another term.
Vacancies on the various Health Boards across Queensland come due at staggered intervals to encourage continuity in decision-making.
The other positions on the Darling Downs Hospital and Health Board remain unchanged.
The new Board, effective from May 18, consists of:
- Michael Horan AM (Chair)
- Dr Dennis Campbell (Deputy Chair)
- Cheryl Dalton (South Burnett)
- Dr Ross Hetherington (Southern Downs)
- Trish Leddington-Hill (Western Downs)
- Marie Pietsch (Southern Downs)
- Megan O’Shannessy (Western Downs)
- Dr Ruth Terwijn (Toowoomba)
- Prof Julie Cotter (Toowoomba)
- Assoc Prof Maree Toombs
The 16 Health Boards throughout Queensland are responsible under the Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011 for local performance of their health services and the delivery of public health services within their communities.