March 26, 2020
Have you voted yet? If not, the pre-polling booths are still open today and tomorrow … but if you’re planning to head out on Saturday, there’s a few things voters have been asked to keep in mind.
“Vulnerable people”, ie. those aged 60 and over, are being encouraged by the Electoral Commission of Queensland to vote between 9:00am and 11:00am if voting on Election Day.
All other voters are being asked to vote outside these hours …
And everyone at the polling booths should practice the social distancing rules, ie. keep 1.5 metres apart and avoid shaking hands.
Hand sanitiser should be available at the polling booth locations for the use of both voters as well as staff.
You won’t see candidates or their helpers handing out How-To-Vote cards as this has been banned. However, you may still be able to pick up a How-To-Vote card yourself off a static display.
Voters have also been encouraged to BYO pen or pencil with them to vote.
And get in and out of the polling booth as quickly as possible. Don’t hang around to socialise or have a chat … and there will be no cake stalls or “democracy sausages” sizzling outside.
* * *
Where You Can Vote On March 28
Polling booths either have “Full” disability access or “Assisted” access unless otherwise marked. Those with “Assisted” access are marked with an asterisk*
Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council
- Cherbourg Town Hall, 22 Barambah Avenue
Gympie Regional Council – Division 6
- Goomeri State School, MacTaggart Street
- Kilkivan State School, 6 Council Street
- Lower Wonga Hall, 7 Lower Wonga Road
- Pie Creek Hall, Herron Road
- Tansey Bowls Club, 21 Tansey Hall Road
- Widgee State School, 2156 Gympie‐Woolooga Road
Linville and Moore – Somerset Regional Council
- * Moore Soldiers Memorial Hall, D’Aguilar Highway
South Burnett – South Burnett Regional Council
- * Divisions 3, 4 & 6 – Kingaroy State High School, 15 Toomey Street
- Division 1 – Nanango State School, 39 Drayton Street (access via Burnett Street)
- Division 2 – Blackbutt State School, 25 Crofton Street
- Division 2 – Brooklands Rural Fire Brigade, Lord Street
- * Division 2 – Maidenwell Hall, Pool Street
- Division 2 – Nanango State School, 39 Drayton Street (access via Burnett Street)
- Division 3 – Coolabunia State School, corner D’Aguilar Highway and Mary Street
- Division 3 – Taabinga State School, Railway Terrace
- Division 4 – St John’s Lutheran School, 84 Ivy Street
- * Division 5 – Cloyna State School, 8 William Webber Road
- Division 5 – Mondure Community Hall
- Division 5 – Murgon PCYC South Burnett, 40‐42 Macalister Street
- * Division 5 – Proston State School, 94 Rodney Street
- Division 5 – Wheatlands State School, 422 Byee Road
- * Division 6 – Durong Community Hall, 8940 Chinchilla Wondai Road, Durong South
- Division 6 – Inverlaw Farmers Hall, 1136 Kingaroy‐Burrandown Road
- Division 6 – Kumbia State School, 22 Bell Street
- Division 6 – Wondai Memorial Hall, corner Mackenzie & Scott streets
- Division 6 – Wooroolin State School, 34 Frederick Street
Cooyar and Yarraman – Toowoomba Regional Council
- Cooyar State School, 16 Gracey Street – no disability access
- Yarraman State School, 17 John Street
NB. This information was correct as at March 25, 2020.