March 21, 2020
Darling Downs Health confirmed on Saturday there are four new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the health region, taking the total to six.
The Darling Downs Hospital and Health Service region includes the South Burnett but also stretches south to Stanthorpe, north to Taroom and west to the Balonne area.
The regional cases are:
- One returning traveller in the South Burnett (last week)
- One returning traveller in Toowoomba (confirmed March 19) currently in self-isolation
- A couple returning from travel in Toowoomba (new) currently in self-isolation
- A man returning from travel in Toowoomba (new) currently in Toowoomba Hospital
- A returning traveller (new) in Toowoomba currently in self-isolation.
Contact tracing is under way.
A Darling Downs Health spokesperson asked the community to remain calm.
“Our local clinicians are well-prepared to respond to COVID-19,” the spokesperson said.
“Anyone with concerns can call 13 HEALTH (13-43-25-84). As always, in an emergency or if you have trouble breathing, dial 000 or visit your nearest Emergency Department.”
* * *
Queensland Health confirmed on Saturday afternoon that another 37 people across the State had tested positive to COVID-19 since yesterday, taking the total so far in Queensland to 221.
The new patients consist of 18 males and 19 females between the ages range of 1 and 75.
As well as the four new cases in the Darling Downs Health region, there is one new case in the Wide Bay Health area.
To stay informed with the most current information, check the Queensland Health website