February 6, 2020
The draw has been released for the big two-day family rugby league carnival at Cherbourg – featuring the International Legends of League – which starts this Friday (February 7).
The actual Legends game will be played on Saturday night from 6:30pm at Jack O’Chin Oval, featuring some of the best-known NRL players from yesteryear.
In action will be Cliff Lyons, John Hopoate, Terry Matterson, Bryan Niebling and many more …
The two days of rugby league will be packed with action, and the Legends game – if last year is a guide – will be heaps of fun.
The Murris On Bikes will also be back on Saturday for a charity run to raise funds for the Cherbourg Hornets junior rugby league football club.
The arrival of the motorbikes before the Legends game in Cherbourg last year created a sensation.
In the lead-up to Saturday’s Legends game, there’s a two-day round robin league competition, starting at 12:30pm on Friday, which features six men’s teams and three women’s teams playing two 20-minute halves (game schedule below).
A one-day entry pass to the carnival is $12 (adults), $5 (children aged 8-14) or $25 for a family (two adults and three children). Children aged 7 and under are free.
Two-day passes are $20 (adults), $10 (children) and $40 (family).
To help spread the rugby league message in the South Burnett, Legends players visited local schools this week in the lead-up to the big weekend.
International Legends of League organiser Troy Byers accompanied Craig Teevan (Broncos, Maroons), Leo Dynevor (Knights, Magpies) and Sid Domic (Broncos, Panthers) on visits to St Joseph’s Primary School in Murgon, Murgon State High School and Moffatdale and Cherbourg State schools.
The group also led an exercise session for local children at the Cherbourg Sporting Complex.
- Related article: Legendary Day Of Family Fun (2019)
* * *
|Australian Legends||Hornets Legends|
|PJ Marsh||Victor Alberts|
|Cliff Lyons||Daniel Henry|
|Kerry Boustead||Shamus Cobbo|
|Brent Webb||Charlie Bond|
|Ben Hannant||Lindsay Bligh|
|Bryan Niebling||Bowman Davidson|
|Leo Dynevor||Charlie Speedy|
|Brenton Bowen||Ronald Saltner|
|Peter Gill||Tom Langton|
|John Hopoate||Justin Prior|
|Craig Teevan||Keith Gadd|
|Terry Matterson||Brendon Saltner|
|Noel Goldthorpe||Derek Georgetown|
|Kevin Campion||Rex Colonel|
|Steve Lacey||Jim Sellwood|
|Scott Prince||Gene Barrett|
|Jim (Sellwood) Adcock||Bernard Hopkins|
|Daniel Cobbo||Duncan Weazel|
|Chatur Zala||Kevin Langton|
|Gordon Langton||Trevor Blair|
|Francis Renouf||Jeffrey Dynevor|
|Mark Smith||Patrick Murray|
* * *
- 12:30pm – Woorabinda Warriors v Bundaberg Eels (men)
- 1:20pm – Brisbane Natives v Cherbourg United (men)
- 2:10pm – Brothers United v Cherbourg Connections (men)
- 3:00pm – Coastal Connections v Cherbourg Hornettes (women)
- 3:50pm – Brisbane Natives v Bundaberg Eels (men)
- 4:40pm – Woorabinda Warriors v Brothers United (men)
- 5:30pm – Cherbourg Connections v Cherbourg United (men)
- 8:30am – Coastal Connections v Brisbane Natives (women)
- 9:20am – Woorabinda Warriors v Brisbane Natives (men)
- 10:10am – Brothers United v Cherbourg United (men)
- 11:00am – Brisbane Natives v Cherbourg Hornettes (women)
- 11:50am – Bundaberg Eels v Cherbourg Connections (men)
- 1:10pm – 2nd v 3rd (women’s semi-final)
- 2:00pm – 1st v 4th (men’s semi-final)
- 2:50pm – 2nd v 3rd (men’s semi-final)
- 4:10pm – 1st v semi-final winner (women’s final)
- 5:00pm – winner 1v4 v winner 2v3 (men’s final)
- 6:30pm – Sellwood Construction & Total Building Solutions Australian Legends v CRAICCHS Cherbourg Hornets
Footnote: The Ration Shed will be open from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Friday and Saturday for visitors to the carnival.