Booubyjan Bushfire: Advice
November 6, 2019
QFES issued an “Advice: Stay Informed” alert to local residents on Friday afternoon for a bushfire at Booubyjan.
The fire was initially reported to emergency services on Thursday about 8:00am but flared up again on Friday.
At 1:45pm, nine fire units were en route to the incident.
The fire is burning near Daddamarine Road.
* * *
From QFES at 1:50pm:
STAY INFORMED. Bushfire warning level: ADVICE
You need to keep up to date and decide what actions you will take if the situation changes (see “What You Should Do”, below).
The bushfire is burning near Daddamarine Road, Booubyjan.
People in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
Properties are not under direct threat at this time.
Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe you or your property is under threat.
* * *
What You Should Do
- Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service website for regular updates.
- If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
- If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
- Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
- If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
- Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
- Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
- Consider finding your essential items (eg. identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
- Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.
Keep up to date by:
- Following QFES on Facebook (@QldFireandEmergencyServices) and Twitter (@QldFES)
- Staying tuned to your local ABC radio station.
- Visiting the Rural Fire Service website