November 16, 2019
A man aged in his 40s was flown to hospital with significant burns after an industrial accident in Murgon on Friday night.
A LifeFlight spokesperson said it was believed the man had been welding when a spark ignited brake fluid cleaner, causing burns to his right side of the body.
Emergency services were called to incident in Gesslers Road at 5:40pm.
Paramedics treated the man for burns to his leg, arms and face and transported him in a stable condition to Murgon Hospital.
He was then airlifted by the RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter to the specialist burns unit at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.