$28,300 Men’s Shed Grants Announced
FLASHBACK: The official opening of the Yarraman men’s Shed in June this year … Russ Ezzy and Kerry Wyvill hold the tape for Member for Nanango Deb Frecklington to cut
November 12, 2019
Five local Men’s Sheds have received a total of more than $28,300 in Federal Government grants under Round 19 of the National Shed Development Program.
The successful applicants were announced this week:
- Kilkivan Veteran’s and Community Men’s Shed Association – $3605 – First aid/CPR refresher courses, test and tag electrical integrity case, first aid kit, tag and test miniPAT; canvas tarpaulin
- Kingaroy Men’s Shed – $5384 – Run power from shed to new toilet block; lighting, hot water system, underground cabling, sub board, exhaust fan, lights, power points, safety switch
- Nanango Community Baptist Church (Nanango Men’s Shed) – $5000 – Contribution toward electrical connections for relocation of SES building on to shed site
- Proston Men’s Shed – $7412 – Test and tag equipment, training, fire extinguishers, blankets, freight; contribution toward screw gun, Makita battery, four-piece combo kit, metal shear, nibbler, blast cabinet, air hose, fittings, spray gun, hose reel, blower, engraving pen
- Yarraman Men’s Shed – $6950 – PPE-goggles, gloves, fire extinguishers, first aid kit, first aid training, ear muffs, face shield, welding helmet; replace asbestos sheeting, construct disabled toilet, fittings, add cladding and lining to office.
Since 2013, the Federal Government has provided $4.92 million through the National Shed Development Program to support Men’s Sheds across Australia.
A total of 135 men’s sheds were allocated funding under Round 19.