September 18, 2018
The South Burnett Speedway roars back into action in Kingaroy on Saturday night with an exciting program of racing planned for the season opener.
Seven categories of racers will be competing across the evening, with heats kicking off at 5:00pm.
The night should wind down by 10:00pm.
Categories in action are:
- National 4s (9 nominations)
- Production sedans (13 nominations)
- Street Stocks (15 nominations)
- Modified Sedans (12 nominations)
- Lightning Sprints (8 nominations)
- Junior Sedans (12 nominations)
- Modlites (14 nominations)
Well-known local racing families – including the Barrons, Barbelers, Bleys and Steads – will be competing in various categories.
The club has two more meetings scheduled for 2018: on November 10 and December 8.
The 2019 event calendar features six meetings, including the three-day Kings Royal for Modified Sedans from January 25-27.
PS: If you hear racing from the Kingaroy Showgrounds on Friday night, don’t worry. The club will be holding its first practice night for the year between 6:00pm and 9:00pm.