September 14, 2018
The focus will be on healthy living in Proston on Saturday with a special expo at the Town Hall.
The Proston Healthy Living Forum will feature static displays as well as guest speakers and demonstrations of line dancing and tai chi.
The QCWA’s Country Kitchen crew will be putting on a cooking demonstration.
Doors open at 9:30am to browse the static displays with the live action from 10:15am.
There will be a special spotlight on diabetes: how to help prevent developing it, and how to cope living with it.
* * *
Program of Events
- 9:30am – Doors open
- 10:15am – Opening ceremony; Welcome to Country; Opening Address. This will be followed by two talks: “Diabetes and Related Health issues” and “What to do when calling the ambulance”.
- 11:30am – Country Kitchen Demonstration
- 12:30pm – Lunch, Static Displays, Free to Dance, Tai Chi
- 1:00pm – Line Dancing Demonstration
- 1:15pm – Two guest speakers: “Eye Health” and “Diabetes Education”
- 2:00pm – Closing comments
Lunch will be available to buy but organisers would prefer a booking. Phone Jan 0438-681-840 or Kath 0407-090-019 or contact them by email to allow for catering and special dietary requirements.