September 12, 2018
An information night will be held at the Kingaroy TAFE campus next Wednesday (September 19) for people interested in applying for apprenticeships and traineeships with Stanwell and Downer.
The evening will run from 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
It’s being organised by group training organisation MRAEL in conjunction with the two employers.
Topics to be covered include how to prepare a job application, and experts from Stanwell and Downer will be on hand to answer questions.
Tarong Power Station Site Manager Greg McIntyre said the information night would give applicants a genuine insight into what it was like to complete an apprenticeship at Stanwell sites.
“We’ll be sharing some real-life examples of the various career pathways available within our business, as well as provide some tips and tricks for the application process,” Mr McIntyre said.
“I encourage anyone to attend, whether you’re fresh out of school, or looking for a career change.
“Our apprentice and trainee opportunities are open to everyone, and we’re really keen to have a mix of males, females, school leavers, mature-age and indigenous apprentices.”
Tarong Power Station is offering:
- 1 x Electrical Apprenticeship (4 years)
- 2 x Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship (4 years)
- 2 x Business Administration Traineeship (1 year)
- 1 x Warehousing Operations Traineeship (2 years)
Meandu Mine (Downer) is offering:
- 1 x High Voltage Electrical Apprenticeship (4 years)
- 1 x Diesel Fitter Apprenticeship (4 years)
- 1 x Store Person Traineeship (2 years)
More information is available on the MRAEL website