March 14, 2018
Just under 1000 were yarded in Murgon Tuesday after a month without a sale due to weather conditions.
The market for all descriptions was dearer throughout.
Export cattle sold very strongly with an improvement of 10 to 15 cents per kilo in places.
Rates for Feeder types and vealers were also firmer.
Cattle were drawn from Mundubbera, Mt Perry, Gayndah, Durong, Nanango, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Bullocks topped at $2.99/kg and $2040
- Heavy Bulls sold to $2190 and $2.64/kg
- Cows over 500kg averaged $2.21/kg, up 10 cents on the last market
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.41/kg and averaged $2.17/kg
- Lighter Cows sold to $2.00/kg
- Droughtmaster cross steers from Perkins & Alford of Kilkivan sold for $2.83/kg, returning $1416
- 434 Droughtmaster cross steers from E. Hansen of Chelmsford sold for $1240 at $2.85/kg
- Charolais cross steers from R & D Hand of Moffatdale sold for $1135 at $3.14/kg
- 337kg Droughtmaster steers from Myora Pastoral Co. of Johnstown sold for $1070 and $3.19/kg
- Charbray weaner steers from A & R Barsby of Tansey sold for $1030 and $3.41/kg
- Charolais weaner steers from J & B Smith of Brigooda sold for $3.22/kg to return $1030
- Charbray weaner steers from S & T Holding of Cloyna sold for $1060 at $3.14/kg
- 250kg Charbray weaner steers sold to $842 at $3.36/kg
- A draft of crossbred heifers averaging 426kg from Merlwood Enterprises sold for an average of $2.75/kg, and the line topped at $1280
- 415kg Limousin heifers from L & L Lee sold for $1140 at $2.75/kg
- Charbray heifers from J & M Pastoral of Wooroonden sold for $2.72/kg and $1188
- Charbray weaner heifers form Tansey sold to $2.86/kg and $868
- Charbray weaner heifers from Barcross Investments of Gayndah sold for $771 and $3.14/kg
- Charbray weaner heifers from R & F Nichol of Mt Perry sold for $738 and $3.09/kg
- 255kg Charolais cross weaner heifers sold for $2.91/kg and $744
- Droughtmaster cross Cows & Calves sold to $1460
The next Murgon sale will be held on Tuesday, March 27 at 8:00am.