December 6, 2017
Club Championship trophies were distributed at Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Speedway Club’s last Club Day for the year at the weekend.
Championship points are accumulated across all race days of the year.
Cordell Rogerson was named the 2017 125cc and 250cc Club Champion.
Other 125cc trophies were presented to Liam Powell (2nd), Flynn Nicol (3rd) and Blake Warrington (4th); 250cc trophies were presented to Flynn Nicol (2nd) and Nelson Masters (3rd).
Cordell, Flynn and Liam have all been named as finalists for the Junior Speedway Rider of the Year Award at the Motorcycle Queensland Awards Night, which is being held in Brisbane on Friday evening.
Blake has also been awarded the Junior Encouragement Award by the MQ Sub-Committee.
Presentations were also made to supporters of the club as well as 2017 Junior Rider and Valued Member awards to all riders.
* * *
Club secretary Tracey Tunstall said the Club Day – the last race day for the year – had been re-scheduled after the previous day was rained out.
Numbers were down a due to commitments at this time of year.
“The sportsmanship shown, especially by the peewee riders and their parents, was outstanding,” Tracey said.
“One of the attendees who has a lot to do with speedway in Brisbane and Ipswich commented that he had a fantastic day with a great track and friendly people.
“It has always been our aim to include everyone who wants to be involved.”
Results from Club Day 5:
- PeeWees – Connor LeDu, Cohan Sanders and Jetzen Lyons
- 125cc – 1st Cordell Rogerson, 2nd Liam Powell, 3rd Flynn Nicol and 4th Blake Warrington
- 250cc – Cordell Rogerson and 2nd Flynn Nicol
* * *
2018 race dates have been approved by MQ:
- March 10 – Come & Try and Practice in the morning – Club Day 1 in the afternoon
- April 14 – John Titman Golden Steel Shoe Challenge
- April 27 – Come & Try and Practice Morning
- June 16 – Club Day 2
- August 4 – Come & Try and Practice in the morning – Club Day 3 in the afternoon
- September 8 – Club Day 4