November 6, 2017
South Burnett Mayor Keith Campbell has welcomed Monday’s election commitment by the LNP to widen the Mundubbera-Durong Road and upgrade the Boyne River bridge.
The Mayor said the road’s upgrade was one of seven “wish list” items he had submitted to all the political parties contesting the November 25 State Election.
Other matters he would like political parties to address are:
- Sealing the Maidenwell-Bunya Mountains Road to expand tourism
- Widening the one-lane Tanduringie Bridge to improve public safety
- Upgrading Byee Road past Wheatlands State School to make the school bus route safer
- The construction of another coal-fired power station at Tarong to make use of the region’s coal resources
- Upgrading intersections currently incapable of handling B-Double transports to foster growth in the region’s agricultural industry
- Raising the height and storage capacity of Boondooma Dam to provide more water for agriculture
The Mayor said he was pleased the LNP had acknowledged the importance of the Mundubbera-Durong Road, which has the potential to become a major freight route.
- Related article: $50m Promise To Upgrade Road