June 21, 2017
by Phenella Hiron
A “Bowls And Burgers” afternoon held at the Murgon Bowls Club on Saturday, June 3 proved to be a successful fundraiser for the Murgon Local Ambulance Committee.
More than 50 people turned out in near perfect weather to enjoy social barefoot bowls games, followed by a barbecue.
Murgon LAC president Richie O’Neill thanked everyone who enthusiastically participated in the afternoon’s activities.
He also passed on the LAC’s thanks to Glen Trevor and the committee of Murgon Bowls Club for organising the day, as well as the many local businesses who generously donated prizes.
Winners on the day included:
- Dinner For Two (Murgon City Motor Inn, Murgon RSL, Royal Hotel, Australian Hotel): Alan Mitchell, Betty Croft, Terry Lear and Barry Smith
- Wine (Moffatdale Ridge Wines): Barry Croft, Lyn Munday, Brian Emmerton and Lyn Vlaanderen
- Shoppping Voucher (Struddys Sports): Lyn Vlaanderen
Raffle winners were:
- Betty Croft – beauty products (A Beauty Whisperer)
- Phenella Hiron – Kambrook Stack and Snack (Murgon Betta Electrical)
- Gemma Beutel – double hammock (The Tacklebox)
- Carol Watters – 5 litre pressure sprayer (Mitre 10)
- Rachel Beutel and Barry Pratt – winter socks (Pratt Agencies)
- Fran Whitmore – scented drawer liners (Murgon Newsagency)
- Drew Hiron – Origin cap (Mark Smith Menswear)
- Terry Lear – painted bowl (Murgon Newsagency)
[Photos: Phenella Hiron]