June 23, 2022
Security cameras have been installed at multiple locations around Kingaroy by the South Burnett Regional Council.
The cameras have been installed at:
- The Kingaroy Administration Office (inside and out), including the perimeter of the building, forecourt and library entrance
- Entry points to the Kingaroy Town Hall breezeway and within the outside bar area of the facility
- Kilkivan to Kingaroy Rail Trail – Kingaroy entry (Youngman Street) and the intersection of the Rail Trail at Meiers Road, Kingaroy
- Kingaroy Memorial Park and Kingaroy River Road Park
- Kingaroy Depot (outside areas)
- External perimeter of Council’s ICT building and outside the Glendon Street amenities
A spokesperson said Council was committed to protecting its resources and the safety and wellbeing of its residents and visitors to the region.
“Please note that the cameras do not capture footage of nearby private properties as the positioning and focus of the cameras are on the facility only,” the spokesperson said.
“The cameras have been installed in accordance with approved Australian Standards as required by Federal and State legislation.
“Council has plans to expand its security camera network by adding more CCTV systems to its depots at Wondai, Nanango and Murgon, as well as at strategic locations within the Kingaroy Central Business District.”
Footnote: Extensive CCTV networks already exist in Nanango, Murgon and Wondai CBDs and at some waste transfer stations.