November 29, 2021
South Burnett Regional Council has appealed to motorists to slow down and take extreme care as many local roads have been damaged by the recent heavy rain and local flooding.
A spokesperson said Council crews were working hard to ensure the affected roads were made safe.
“Recovery from significant infrastructure damage on our road network will take time, with a detailed assessment of these roads now under way to determine damage and repair requirements,” the spokesperson said.
“Council may seek financial support for restoration of essential public assets such as roads to help clean-up and recover after the recent floods.
“Following significant rain fall events, there can be unknown damage to the road network and motorists are asked to travel with extreme care, slow down, drive to the road conditions and urged not to drive through flood water.”
* * *
Council has advised that the South Burnett Rail Trail is closed until further notice between Wondai and Goomeri, and between Transmitter Road and Burns Road in Tingoora.
* * *
At 6:30pm on Monday, a string of South Burnett roads were still either officially closed or affected by flash flooding:
- Lee’s Bridge on Kingaroy-Barkers Creek Road at Sandy Ridges – closed
- Memerambi-Barkers Creek Road at Wyalla – road damaged, open to local traffic only
- Clovely Lane at Redgate
- Dip Road at Windera – closed due to damage
- Meiers Road at Crawford
- First Avenue in Kingaroy
- Malar Road at Booie
- Perretts Road at Booie – road closed due to damage
- Kings Bridge Road at Sandy Ridges
- Mondure Crossing Road at Booie
- Hoopers Road at Inverlaw
- Recreation Drive at Wooroolin – road closed due to damage
- Memerambi-Gordonbrook Road at Wilkesdale
- Bunya Highway – north of Memerambi
- Old Wondai Road at Wattle Camp – road closed due to damage
- Hoggs Road at Charlestown – road damaged, open to local traffic only
- Darley Crossing Road at Brooklands
- Darley Estate Road at Brooklands
- Boondooma Road at Toondahra – closed
- Boondooma Road at Glenrae – closed
- Wattle Camp Road at Wattle Camp – road damaged
- Sonaree Drive in Kingaroy – emergency roadworks were under way on Monday morning
NB. Road conditions change very quickly as local creeks rise and fall. Always check the DTMR website or the SBRC’s Disaster Dashboard (see links below) for the most up-to-date traffic information.