October 28, 2020
A teenager has been issued with a string of traffic tickets after a three-vehicle crash on the D’Aguilar Highway at Coolabunia on Saturday.
Officer-in-charge of Kingaroy Police, Senior Sergeant Dave Tierney, said about 9:15am, a Toyota ute was travelling towards Nanango following a Toyota stationwagon.
The driver of the ute – a 17-year-old Kingaroy man – allegedly tried to overtake, however he had not spotted a Subaru travelling towards Kingaroy in the opposite lane.
The teenager allegedly braked at the last minute and attempted to re-enter the southbound lanes but hit the rear of one of the vehicles.
His ute then spun and struck the rear driver’s side door of the other vehicle before he allegedly drove away from the incident.
The youth was later located by police and issued with infringement notices for driving unaccompanied on a learner’s permit ($213 fine and four points), failing to remain at the scene of a crash ($266 fine) and careless driving ($533 fine and three points).
* * *
Police are investigating the break and enter of a business in Kingaroy Street at the weekend.
The thieves entered the yard and placed mag wheels against a fence to leave the property.
A quantity of tools was stolen.
Investigations are continuing.
* * *
- A 20-year-old Cherbourg will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on November 14 charged with possession of a drug utensil after police searched a residence in James Street, Kingaroy, on Saturday morning.
- A 22-year-old Kingaroy man has been charged with possessing drugs (cannabis) and drug utensils after police searched a home in Wieden Street, Kingaroy, on Sunday afternoon.
- A 33-year-old Kingaroy man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on November 16 charged with supplying a dangerous drug, possessing a dangerous drug, possessing property suspected of being used in a drug offence and unauthorised possession of explosives (fireworks) after police searched a home in Frangipani Drive, Kingaroy, on Sunday.
- A 39-year-old Kingaroy man was allegedly found in possession of cocaine when police searched a residence in Premier Drive on Wednesday morning. He will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on December 14 charged with drug possession.
- A 43-year-old Kingaroy woman will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on December 14 charged with possessing a drug utensil after police searched a home in Venman Street, Kingaroy, on Wednesday morning.