October 27, 2020
South Burnett Regional Council has reminded residents to “be prepared” now the storm season has arrived.
Council provided the following advice this week for residents to prepare for emergencies.
The 3 Steps To Get Ready:
- Step 1: Make an emergency plan – Emergency Plan
- Step 2: Have an emergency kit and supplies – Emergency Kit
- Step 3: Make sure you are adequately insured – Insurance
For information on developing emergency plans, visit the Get Ready Queensland website
Useful websites and contacts:
- South Burnett Regional Council’s Disaster Dashboard (see YouTube video, above, explaining how the Dashboard works)
- Bureau of Meteorology weather warnings
- In a life-threatening emergency, call Triple Zero (000) immediately
- For storm and flood-related assistance, contact the State Emergency Service (SES) on 13-25-00
And don’t forget, “If It’s Flooded, Forget It!”