October 9, 2020
A driver was transported to Murgon Hospital with minor injuries after a single-vehicle rollover just outside Murgon about 8:00pm on September 25.
A police spokesperson said the vehicle was towing when the incident occurred.
The other occupants of the vehicle were not hurt.
* * *
- A 40-year-old Cherbourg woman has been charged with stealing after an alleged incident at a hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon, about 8:00pm on September 16. Police viewed CCTV footage before the woman was charged.
* * *
Seven people faced various drugs charges after recent actions by Murgon and Cherbourg police:
- A 40-year-old Murgon man was allegedly found in possession of drugs after police stopped and searched a vehicle in Watt Street, Murgon, about 3:00am on September 17.
- A 41-year-old Cherbourg woman and 24-year-old Cherbourg woman have been charged with drug possession after police searched a house in Cherbourg on September 18.
- A 21-year-old Cherbourg woman and a 38-year-old Cherbourg man have been charged with possessing drug utensils after police searched houses in Cherbourg on September 28.
- A 28-year-old Murgon man has been charged with possessing drug utensils after detectives searched a Murgon address on September 28.
- A 47-year-old Murgon man has been charged with possessing dangerous drugs after he was allegedly found with drugs about 3:00am on October 3.
* * *
- A 28-year-old Cherbourg man was charged with unlicensed driving and failing to provide a breath specimen after an incident at Cherbourg about midnight on September 26. Police allege the man parked and ran away after they spotted him behind the wheel.
- A 55-year-old Tablelands man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on October 20 charged with drink-driving after police stopped his vehicle in Lamb Street, Murgon, about 10:00pm on September 28.
Four other people have been charged with unlicensed driving:
- A 29-year-old Cherbourg man stopped in Krebs Street, Murgon, about 10:00pm on October 2.
- An 18-year-old Murgon man stopped in Lamb Street, Murgon, about 8:00pm on October 3.
- A 27-year-old Cherbourg woman stopped in Cemetery Road, Cherbourg, about 5:00pm on October 7.
- An 18-year-old Murgon man stopped on the Bunya Highway, Wondai, about 9:00pm on October 8.
* * *
- About 6:00pm on September 26, Murgon police were called to a disturbance at a Murgon supermarket. CCTV allegedly captured a physical fight between two men in the store. A 36-year-old Murgon man and 39-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on October 13 charged with public nuisance offences.
- Murgon police allege they were assaulted by a 38-year-old Murgon man about 4:00pm on October 3. He will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on October 20 charged with public nuisance, assault and obstructing police.
* * *
Police from Murgon, Cherbourg and Wondai responded to a variety of incidents between September 16 and October 8 including drug, traffic and property offences. They also attended 41 calls related to domestic violence, issued seven infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 608 roadside breath tests.