August 4, 2020
South Burnett Regional Council has reminded residents that next Monday (August 10) is still the gazetted Ekka Show Holiday for the region, even though the Ekka itself is cancelled this year.
Council Administration Offices, Customer Service Centres, Libraries and Council Depots throughout the South Burnett will be closed on the day.
August 10 is also the gazetted show holiday for the towns of Goomeri, Cherbourg, Yarraman, Upper Yarraman and Cooyar.
* * *
South Burnett Regional Council has advised that gravel resheeting is scheduled during August and September at:
- Burra Burri Road, Chahpingah – to begin early August and take about six weeks
- Franklins Road, Coolabunia – to begin early August and take about three weeks
- Glenmore Road, Sandy Ridges – to begin late August and take about four weeks
- Friebergs Road, Warnung – to begin early August and take about three weeks
* * *
South Burnett Libraries’ online public access catalogue has been upgraded to a new program, Aurora Montage.
A Council spokesperson said Aurora Montage allows users to search across the entire library collection and return the results in groups of their respective formats.
Customers can discover books, images, magazines and more – all from the comfort of their home. They can reserve or renew items, suggest items for purchase or request inter-library loans.
Montage also allows patrons to view or reserve new release items, create a wish-list of items to read and add book reviews.
- External link: Council’s online public access catalogue (select “Search the catalogue:)