May 26, 2020
Would-be thieves escaped empty-handed after targeting a residence on Boat Mountain Road in Murgon on Saturday.
Between midnight and 1:00am, unknown offenders attempted to gain entry to the dwelling by removing a flyscreen from a window.
They then entered an unsecured shed at the rear of the property, but left without removing any property.
Police investigations are continuing.
* * *
- A 21-year-old Geebung man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on August 25 charged with driving while over the no-alcohol limit after police stopped a vehicle on the Bunya Highway at Murgon about midnight on May 16.
- A 20-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on August 18 charged with unlicensed driving after police intercepted a vehicle on Lamb Street, Murgon, about 11:25am on May 21.
* * *
- A 29-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on August 4 charged with possessing drug utensils after police stopped a vehicle in Lamb Street, Murgon, about 4:00pm on May 16 for a licence check.
- A 35-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on August 2 charged with possessing drugs and drug utensils after police searched a home in Cobb Street, Murgon, about noon on May 18.
* * *
- Between 5:15pm on May 19 and 7:45am on May 20, unknown offenders attended a residence in Lamb Street, Murgon, and smashed several windows with rocks. Investigations are continuing.
* * *
Police from Murgon, Cherbourg and Wondai responded to a variety of incidents between May 16-23 including drug, traffic and property offences. They also attended five domestic violence incidents, issued 11 infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 19 roadside breath rests.
If you have information for police, contact Policelink using the online suspicious activity form at www.police.qld.gov.au/reporting
Information can also been reported anonymously to CrimeStoppers on 1800-333-000 or online