May 25, 2020
Mayor Brett Otto is planning to hold a string of community meet’n’greets in June and July to allow residents to “have a chat with the Mayor”.
A Council spokesperson said no appointment was necessary “so just pop in and say hello”.
“I welcome everyone to come along to have a chat,” Mayor Otto said.
“This is a great opportunity for residents to discuss with me their needs and views on how our region should move forward.”
The Mayor plans to hold the sessions on an eight-week rotation:
- Proston – Monday, June 1 – 7:00am to 10:00am at Jacaranda Tearooms
- Murgon – Monday, June 8 – 7:00am to 12:30pm at The Coffee Bar
- Wondai – Monday, June 15 – 7:00am to 12:45pm at Dan’s Diner
- Kingaroy – Monday, June 22 – 7:00am to 1:00pm at Muffin Break, Kingaroy Shoppingworld
- Nanango – Monday, June 29 – 7:00am to 1:00pm at Nanango Country Bakehouse & Café
- Blackbutt – Monday, July 6 – 7:00am to 1:00pm at the Bunya Nut Café
- Maidenwell – Monday, July 13 – 7:00am to 1:00pm at the Maidenwell Trading Post
- Kumbia – Monday, July 20 – 7:00am to 1:00pm to the Kumbia Service Station / Café
NB. The chats will be subject to COVID-19 restrictions.
[UPDATED June 4 with extended hours]