Police Probe Car Thefts
January 22, 2020
Police are investigating the theft of two vehicles in the South Burnett region since the weekend.
Between 7:00pm on Saturday and 8:00am on Sunday, thieves stole a vehicle from a residence in Minert Street, Tingoora.
In an unrelated incident, about 2:50am on Tuesday, thieves damaged the door of a business in Borcherts Hill Road, Murgon, to gain access to the building.
They then stole vehicle keys before driving off in a vehicle which had been parked in a shed.
Investigations into both incidents are continuing.
* * *
- A 13-year-old Cherbourg girl is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act and a 28-year-old Cherbourg woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on February 4 charged with stealing after an incident at a business in Lamb Street, Murgon, about 11:45am on January 16. Police allege they removed various items from the shelves and made no attempt to pay for them.
- About 1:30pm the same day, a large sum of money was taken from a register at a business in Lamb Street while the employee was occupied. A 12-year-old Cherbourg boy is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act.
- Investigations are continuing into a fuel drive-off from a business in Macalister Street, Murgon, about 5:20pm on January 19.
- Between 9:00am on January 20 and 7:00am on January 21, thieves removed various items from a vehicle parked at a residence in Harm Street, Murgon. Investigations are continuing.
* * *
- A 44-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on February 4 charged with possessing drugs and drug utensils after police searched an address in Webster Street, Murgon, about 4:45pm on January 16. A 14-year-old Murgon boy is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act.
- A 25-year-old Murgon woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on February 11 charged with possessing drugs and drug utensils after police searched a house in Taylor Street, Murgon, about 7:30pm on January 18.
- A 24-year-old Murgon woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on February 11 charged with possessing drug utensils after police searched an address in Watt Street, Murgon, about 3:40pm on January 19.
* * *
Three people have been charged with unlicensed driving after traffic stops by police:
- A 19-year-old Murgon man stopped on the Bunya Highway at Murgon about 10:00am on January 14,
- A 39-year-old Cherbourg man stopped on Barambah Avenue, Cherbourg, about 7:30pm on January 15, and
- A 24-year-old Cherbourg woman stopped on Broadway Street, Cherbourg, about 8:30pm on January 18.
Three people have been charged with drink-driving offences:
- A 35-year-old Cherbourg man will appear in Cherbourg Magistrates Court on January 29, charged with driving under the influence of liquor after a roadside breath test on Cherbourg Road about 9:00pm on January 15.
- A 21-year-old Strathpine woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on February 18 charged with driving while over the no alcohol limit after police stopped her vehicle in Lamb Street, Murgon, about 12:45am on January 17.
- A 29-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on February 18 charged with driving while over the general alcohol limit after police intercepted his vehicle on the Bunya Highway at Murgon about 3:15pm on January 17.
* * *
Officers from Murgon, Cherbourg and Wondai responded to a variety of incidents between January 14-21, including drug, traffic and property offences. They also attended 16 calls related to domestic violence, issued five infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 18 roadside breath tests.