Man Charged With Burglary
November 11, 2019
A 20-year-old Murgon man has been charged with burglary and entering premises to commit an indictable offence after an alleged incident on October 30.
Police will allege the man entered a home in Macalister Street, Murgon, via and unlocked door about 3:45am.
He then allegedly removed various items before being disturbed by the resident.
He will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on November 19.
Police are investigating an incident which occurred on the same night at the Murgon Showgrounds.
Between midnight and 4:30am, unknown offenders opened an unsecured door to a caravan and stole personal items.
* * *
- About 1:00pm on October 29, police executed a search warrant at a residence on Pringles Hill Road, Tablelands, where they allegedly located items used in connection with dangerous drugs. Investigations are continuing.
- A 28-year-old Wondai woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on December 3 charged with possessing drug utensils after police searched a home in Thompson Street, Murgon, about 7:50am on October 30.
- A 51-year-old West End woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on November 19 charged with possessing a knife in a public place and possessing dangerous drugs after police searched a woman on Barambah Avenue at Cherbourg about midnight on October 31.
- A 17-year-old Cherbourg boy will be dealt with under the provisions of the Youth Justice Act after police visited a house in Barber Street, Cherbourg, for an inquiry. While there, they allegedly located dangerous drugs and drug items.
- A 35-year-old Murgon woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on November 19 charged with possessing dangerous drugs and drug utensils after police searched an address in Lamb Street, Murgon, about 6:00pm on October 31.
* * *
Officers from Murgon, Cherbourg and Wondai responded to a variety of incidents between October 25 and November 1 including drug, traffic and property offences. Police also attended 12 calls related to domestic violence incidents, issued four infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 23 roadside breath tests.