southburnett.com.au
What's On In The South Burnett Today?

Fifteen Face Drugs Charges

Filed under Breaking News, Front2, Latest News

Cannabis plants allegedly seized during recent raids across the South Burnett (Photo: QPS)

August 23, 2019

Fifteen people will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court after a string of police drug raids across the South Burnett earlier this week.

Seventeen search warrants were executed across Murgon, Cherbourg, Proston, Coverty, Ballogie, Memerambi and surrounding areas between August 19-21 as part of an ongoing drug enforcement operation, Operation Romeo Monument.

The raids were the result of a joint operation between the Murgon CIB and the Burnett Tactical Action Team.

Police allegedly seized 474g of cannabis and ammunition.

A 51-year-old Coverty man and a 57-year-old Ballogie man will face charges of producing dangerous drugs and possession of drugs and drug utensils.

Six people will face charges of possessing drugs and drug utensils: a 27-year-old Murgon man, a 47-year-old Murgon man, a 22-year-old Cherbourg woman, a 30-year-old Cherbourg woman, a 20-year-old Cherbourg woman, an 18-year-old Proston man and a 36-year-old Memerambi man.

Four people will face charged of possessing drug utensils: a 24-year-old Cherbourg man, an 18-year-old Cherbourg woman, a 19-year-old Cherbourg man and a 59-year-old Proston man.

A 21-year-old Cherbourg woman has been charged with possessing drug utensils and restricted liquor.

A 23-year-old Cherbourg man has been charged with drug possession and failing to dispose of a syringe.

Detective Inspector Mat Kelly said these types of operations were random in nature.

“These operations, supported by local intelligence and valuable information from across the community, will continue to be executed across the South West District,” he said.


SPONSORED LINKS:
Anderssons Fruit Market for quality fruits and vegetables

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *