Gel Blaster Leads To Court
August 13, 2019
A teenager has been charged with going armed to cause fear after an incident in First Avenue, Kingaroy, on Saturday.
About 7:00pm, police received complaints a man was firing a firearm in a front yard.
Police spoke to a 19-year-old Kingaroy man who produced a gel blaster.
He will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on September 2.
* * *
Two people will face charges after police searched a house in Prince Street, Kingaroy, at 10:00am last Thursday.
A 26-year-old Greenview woman will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on September 2 charged with possessing a small quantity of cannabis.
A 44-year-old Cherbourg woman will appear in the same court on August 19 charged with failing to dispose of syringes and possessing drug utensils
* * *
Investigations are continuing into a number of property-related incidents in Kingaroy:
- Between 8:00am and 4:00pm on August 5, thieves broke into a property in Youngman Street and stole power tools and personal items. Entry was gained through a bedroom window.
- The resident of a Buckingham Street residence was awoken by the sound of smashing glass at 4:30am on August 7. The would-be thieves were unable to gain entry through the window due to the presence of dogs and fled.
- Police are investigating the unlawful entry of a church property in Alford Street overnight on August 6-7. It is believed entry was gained through a kitchen window. Foodstuffs were stolen.
- The front window of a business in Kingaroy Street was smashed overnight on August 8.
* * *
- A 40-year-old Kingaroy woman will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on August 19 charged with failing to provide a roadside breath sample and driving while under the influence of liquor after police pulled over a Holden ute in Knight Street, Kingaroy, at 6:10pm on August 7. Police allege she later returned a positive reading of 0.159 BAC. Her licence was also immediately suspended.
- A 31-year-old Kingaroy man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on September 2 charged with unlicensed driving after police stopped his Subaru on the Bunya Highway at 10:50pm on August 9. Police allege the man has never held a licence.
* * *
Kingaroy police responded to a variety of incidents between August 5-11 including drug, offences against the person, traffic, and property-related offences. Police also attended two calls related to domestic violence incidents, issued 32 infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 56 roadside breath tests.