Two Women Allegedly Mugged
August 12, 2019
A man and a boy have been charged after two women were allegedly mugged at separate incidents in Cherbourg on Friday.
Police allege about 6:00pm, a boy followed a woman on Barambah Avenue, Cherbourg, and stole her handbag. A 15-year-old boy is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act.
About 11:30pm the same night, a 21-year-old man approached a woman on Bulgi Street, Cherbourg. Police will allege he assaulted her and stole a mobile phone.
A 21-year-old Cherbourg man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on September 17 charged with stealing and assault occasioning bodily harm.
* * *
- A 48-year-old Cherbourg man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on August 20 charged with drink-driving after a roadside breath test in Borcherts Road about 11:45pm on July 26.
- A 21-year-old Cherbourg man will appear in Cherbourg Magistrates Court on August 21 charged with unlicensed driving and possession of liquor in a restricted area after police stopped a vehicle about 1:40am on August 4 in Murray Road, Cherbourg, for a licence check.
* * *
- A 17-year-old Kingaroy girl and 13-year-old Cherbourg girl are being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act after a window of a vehicle parked in Gore Street, Murgon, was smashed about 2:30pm on July 27.
- A 12-year-old Cherbourg girl is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act after fuel was siphoned from a vehicle parked in Barambah Avenue, Cherbourg, about 1:00pm on July 28.
- A 17-year-old Cherbourg boy is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act after items were stolen from a store in Lamb Street, Murgon, about 12:25pm on August 3.
- A 15-year-old Cherbourg boy is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act after a handbag was stolen from a residence in Cobbo Street, Cherbourg, about 1:00am on August 9.
Investigations are continuing into a number of other incidents:
- Between 9:00am on July 29 and 6:00pm on August 1, a thief entered a residence in South Street, Wondai, via an unlocked door and stole cash.
- Between 3:45pm on August 2 and midnight on August 3, a large piece of concrete was thrown at a window of a residence in Barber Street, Cherbourg, smashing it.
- About 7:30pm on August 2, vandals damaged a window at a residence in Leitch Street, Murgon.
- Between 7:00pm and 8:00pm on August 8, thieves stole a vehicle from an address in Hillview Street, Cherbourg. It was later located nearby.
- About 10:45pm on August 8, a disturbance occurred in Perkins Street, Murgon. Police allege a man damaged a fence before departing.
* * *
- A 20-year-old Cherbourg woman will appear in Cherbourg Magistrates Court on August 21 charged with possessing drug utensils after police searched a house in Barber Street, Cherbourg, about 10:40am on July 28.
- About 7:30am on August 1, police executed a search warrant at an address in Barber Street, Cherbourg. Police allegedly located various items used in connection with dangerous drugs. Investigations are continuing.
- About 1:30pm on August 5, police visited a residence in McLean Road, Durong, for an inquiry. They allegedly located dangerous drugs at the residence. Investigations are continuing.
* * *
Police from Murgon, Cherbourg and Wondai responded to a variety of incidents between July 26 and August 9 including drug, traffic and property offences. They also attended 23 calls related to domestic violence incidents, issued 19 infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 537 roadside breath tests.